Tired of mind-numbing workout routines? Lunges, weights, and P90X, move over. Creative exercise regimes have replaced the daily dredge with these 6 Wacky Exercise Alternatives. Why not join a fitness fusion class or get naked and get healthy with these innovative workouts?
- Doga – You own a dog and you’re both into self-centering exercise. You can join forces and Down Dog together. Dogs respond well to the calming result of yoga stretches and love the quality time they spend with you. Check out videos of Fido in action at Animal Planet. Nama-stay pup.
- Rock It – Beginners to advanced climbers can scale rock walls while comfortably strapped to a lifeline. Or if you’re living on the edge, you may want to free-hand your trek to the top. Your next trip to London Bridge, be sure to get your botty over to The Arch Climbing Wall’s 11,000 square foot facility. One hour of power climbing exercise will shred 899 calories that last night’s Figgie Pudding cost you. That’s no bollocks!
- Crooner Cyclists – Sinatra may be smiling. If you love nothing more than belting out Madonna’s Like a Virgin or Psy’s Gangnam Style, then pop into a local spin cycle karaoke showroom. Weight Watchers reports that the fusion of these 2 activities elevates cardio and trains breathing technique. Become a spinner of cycles and records at the same time. Time to multitask.
- Doonya – Bollywood never looked so good. A natural progression from the aerobic VHS tapes of yesteryear gives way to today’s dancing divas. Make no mistake – this is not simply Jazz Hands, it’s gyrating hips, graceful gams, and serious wrist action. Even Good Morning America got in on the action. A Beginner Breakout DVD will set you back $12.99 and a 3 DVD set is reasonable at $24.99. You don’t even have to be a Slumdog Millionaire.
- PiYo – For the adventurist, a serious combination of Yoga flex and Pilates sculpting will get your adrenaline pumping. This is a fast-paced workout that focuses on fluid, nonstop movement. This is delightful for those who prefer lower impact workouts. PiYo may be a little pricier at 3 monthly payments of $19.95, but you are promised a 100% satisfaction and 60-day money-back guarantee. If you’re looking to trim some back fat and beef up that photo on your bio, look into PiYo.
- Naked Yoga – Your inner life force may be screaming for a Chi check. If so, slow down and get back to nature with Naked Yoga. This is an easy one to perfect from the comfort of your home. But if your Feng Shui is all wrong, you can check out the classes offered in New York, Los Angeles, and London for starters. Sensitive minds easily distracted by topless beaches may need to sit this one out.
While these outlier alternatives force us to the fray, I’m going to wait for the ultimate combo – naked rock climbing with my dog, Sierra.
Read yesterday’s Trending Tuesday Top 8 Rules for Running with the Bulls
Tune in tomorrow for Thirsty Thursday When in Rome…
You are invited to submit a Guest Blog post. Find the guidelines here.